‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reason #14,871,349,127 why I love Jacob

Here's one of his posts:

New Phone Number

I'm carrying at least two mobile phones these days: my personal BlackBerry 7130e on Verizon and my company-owned BlackBerry Pearl on T-Mobile. I keep a T-Mobile EDGE card in my laptop bag and frequently have yet another phone on Sprint. That's way too many phones (and I hate Verizon Wireless), so I'm slowly weening myself off the 7130e.

But how do I distribute my new number to my loved ones? I could send a mass-email out or something, but that would be boring. On the other hand, I don't want to post my number on the Internet...in plaintext.

Instead I think I'll post my new number wrapped in a light encryption. You already have the decryption key. Subtract my old number from 14,871,349,127 and the result will be my new number.

No comments: