‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Thursday, September 20, 2007

no no not now

I can't post tonight because our cleaning lady comes tomorrow and that means I have to Clean My House.

My mother-in-law tells me that when she was growing up in the south the housekeepers would talk amongst themselves and share stories about the homes they worked in. I cannot begin to tell you how this keeps me up at night.

Besides, pretending that your house is always clean with your cleaning lady is like pretending you're in shape with your personal trainer. It's best they get it all straight right from the start.

And for the record, we don't have a house cleaner because we ...... I don't know - why do people have house cleaners? We have her because we have come to the realization that we Can't Do It Ourselves (not that we won't). We're pigs. We're busy pigs. We're very busy pigs.

No comments: