‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sepia

Oh. My. Heavens.

Sepia is a chocolate store. No, let me try again. Sepia is a chocolate atelier. No, not that either.

Sepia is like being sucked into I Dream of Genie's bottle and finding yourself surrounded by little wrapped gems of chocolate, with a shimmering brown ceiling and promises of chipotle and toasted almonds.

On the counter they had samples of Dolfin chocolate - I tried a piece made with milk chocolate and Japanese tea leaves.

I recognized some of the chocolate makers (is there a term for this? Like a vintner?) - Lake Champlain Chocolates, Dagoba, Mademoiselle de Margaux - but most of it was new and, well, mesmerizing. How is it possible that all these chocolates exist? And how long will it take me to try them all? This is the kind of place that makes you want to become a chocolate connoisseur. Or maybe a chocolate snob. I think I could do that.

I could be like our friend Will who can smell wine and tell you where it came from. I could master Fine Chocolate Terminology. I will be such fun at parties.

Sepia
619 Main Street . Centervile . MA

3 comments:

Fred said...

ROADTRIP!!!!!

(did you happen to notice any bacon/chocolate confections?)

Susan said...

Fred - I wouldn't put it past them to have a bacon/chocolate truffle. I think dark chocolate would pair best.

thefoodsnob said...

I have to start keeping a list of these places!

Lisa