If there is a blogging equivalent of not being kissed before your 16th birthday, it is not being tagged for a meme before your first blogiversary (I hate that word). I will celebrate One Year of Neglecting My Family on February 26th and up until 8:02 this morning, I had not been tagged.
Thank you, thank you Lisa at Borrowed Heaven. Saints be praised.
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.
- Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.
And you could use a little more random/useless information about me! So here we go.
1) When we graduated from high school, my friend Amy and I celebrated by unicycling almost the whole way over Vail pass and back. I do not know why, or how.
2) A picture of me was printed prominently on a flyer promoting a time-share ski condo, for which I was handsomely paid in shrimp at the opening reception.
3) I was a mouse in the Denver production of the Nutcracker when I was in 3rd grade. I was the one who got dizzy and fell down (no really, they wanted me to).
4) I have been a Sunday School teacher, despite my reputation as being Completely Godless.
5) My favorite iPod playlist includes the complete Shostakovitch string quartets, a heavy dose of Orbital and a whole bunch of stuff in between. I like it best on shuffle.
And I want to see
1) Barcelona, although I've had a thing for Madrid ever since "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown."
2) Australia. Yes, I know it's big. No, I can't narrow it down. I had a friend from Perth in high school and she made it sound totally dreamy - so maybe Perth.
3) Dubrovnik. Never been. Started learning Serbo-Croat once and saved about $10 toward my trip. Got distracted by something shiny (and forgot about the cute Croatian boy but not the descriptions of a marble-paved city).
4) Bali. We were going to have an extended honeymoon there the winter after we got married. Decided not to go when we realized I would be morning sick for most of it.
5) Old Montreal. I will probably just sit in cafés.
And now the hard part. I'm picking some fellow newbies so they can stop fretting about the possibility of not getting tagged:
Liz at North Orchard
Aidee at This is Where I Come In (new year, new blog, new tag!)
Most of the people I know are all jaded about these things and will dope slap me if I tag them. If you promise not to dope slap me and you'd like to be linked, by all means say so. Sturdy? Rain? Any number of Lisas?