‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Saturday, February 2, 2008

strawberries


Heather gave Lucy a tiny clay pot with an envelope full of strawberry seeds. We planted the seeds and, emboldened by our success with sunflowers, put them in a window to sun.

I can't wait to have strawberries! I meant to get some plants last year but by the time I made it to the nursery they looked like they had been driven over repeatedly by garden carts. I have visions of a virtual fountain of strawberries next to my front door. Of course, there's no light there so I'll have to carry the strawberry pot around with me. It won't be the first time.

In my head, it's almost spring. Which means it's almost summer. Can't you just smell the strawberry jam?

Happy Groundhog Day.

No comments: