‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Sunday, August 31, 2008

thrills, spills and bellyflops

Due to no fault of her own, Lucy had to sleep elsewhere while I washed and dried her sheets. When I picked her up to carry her to her own bed, she opened her eyes and smiled at me. "I was thinking about today," she said, "and then you came." It was as though she had awakened from the most marvelous dream - only to find she hadn't been dreaming. We really had gone for ice cream, played at the playground and seen Chris sing in front of a packed house.

And the way she said it, and the way she looked at me before falling back to sleep reminded me of the miraculous fact that she loves me. I want to go back in, pick her up, and tell her how much I love her. How she brightens my days. How proud of her I am. How she makes my heart sing and my eyes well.

She loves me.

I am trying to remember why having time to myself is so important. I would give it all to her three times over.

No comments: