‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Thursday, November 13, 2008

flowers from Studley

This morning I went to the garden for some celery, which is nearly the only thing still living (besides the brussels sprouts, about which I am in denial). As I washed it, I realized Studley had gone out after me and was bringing me another offering from the garden.

"Celery!" he pronounced.

"Nasturtium!" I corrected. It's important to instill a sense of botanical inferiority in anyone who knows less than you.

Whatever you want to call it, Studley picked me flowers this morning. In this case, dead blossoms on a leafy vine pulled up by the roots absolutely qualify as "flowers." Don't get any ideas, Chris.

I would also like to point out that if you take a picture with bright window light, the glare obviates the need to clean the sink before taking aforementioned picture. Coming soon, more pictures of things in my sink.

4 comments:

cookie james said...

you'll never guess what I've been doing today.
seriously. it's so cool, I'm afraid to tell you, because you'll be so jealous that you won't talk to me for a week.

really.

you coming Saturday?

Ha-Hoo said...

I will never be able to puke without laughing, I fear. How about you?

Susan said...

Cookie James - oh for crying out loud, WHAT?!?!

ha-hoo - seriously.

jenrebecc said...

ok, so, the next thing i want to see in that sink is brussel sprouts being prepared for transport to a certain BAY ROAD location.

don't taunt me with the cold shoulder you have been giving those beautiful little green globes of delicousness. i have made many a meal out of just a big bowl of brussel sprouts, and been HAPPY about it.

i can't wait. i can't wait.

i want trout brussel sprouts to be the very first thing i cook in the new place!!!!!!!!