‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4!

It's today! It's today! Are the polls open yet, hmmmm?

I read that Starbucks is offering free coffee to people who've voted. That's awesome, except by the time I drive to my nearest Starbucks I will have spent the equivalent of a Venti something-or-other, a scone, a travel mug and possibly an authentic italian milk frother in gas. Am I the only person in the continental U.S. who doesn't live within 5 miles of a Starbucks?

Maybe I'll just go to my local coffee shop and ask them for a free coffee.

3 comments:

Fred said...

You don't have a Starbucks at your local Stop & Shop? We have one here in Harwich!

It's only a tall brewed coffee they're offering for free - not that I'm looking that gift horse in the mouth.

Excuse me now ... I've got to go downstairs to open the gifts Santa brought me ... err ... I mean, to shower, shave, and get dressed to go and VOTE!

Chris Stamey & Yo La Tengo - "V.O.T.E. (PSA)"

Kristin said...

ARE YOU THE ONLY PERSON? You can read my blog and ask that?

Susan said...

Fred - thanks for the tip! Mission accomplished, as it were.

Kristin - I was THIS CLOSE to saying "other than Kristin" but it seemed like favoritism.