‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Heifer International

We love Heifer International. We love honey. We think bees are groovy. And so you can imagine our delight at discovering a flock of bees has been sponsored in our name. The best part? According to their website,"every family that receives a Heifer animal promises to 'pass on the gift' by giving one or more of their animal's offspring and knowledge to another family in need."

Can you even stand how cute that would be? A teeny, tiny, bumble bee, wrapped in a receiving blanket, given to another family in need?

It makes my heart sing. Thank you, bee friends! We love you, too.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

We do Heifer International, too. I love the cards you get, with the pictures of the animals.

Debbie said...

Someone gave a goat in my name once. I thought it was the best present ever (for me). My family loves Heifer and everything they stand for. Thanks for promoting them.

Mary Alice said...

Now THAT is a sweet gift. Happy Holy Days!

Ambley said...

I'm a bit stymied by Heifer International (going to look it up right now), but I want to wish you a very, very Merry Christmas!
:)

Susan said...

I'm glad you're all giving/receiving beasties through Heifer, too! And Ambley, I should have described it better, but I was too smitten with the thought of honeybees to be lucid.