‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Thursday, February 12, 2009

"(orange) Jump(suit) for my Love"

Chris just came upstairs to ask if I needed headphones. And then he saw what I was doing and asked if I needed professional help.

He's been listening (through a poorly insulated floor) to me listen to songs like Jump, Thriller and The Hustle. Oddly enough, he wondered what was going on.

It all started with a friend suggesting we learn the Hustle for the 70s themed birthday party we're going to this weekend. A YouTube clip was provided. In watching said clip, I found other Hustles - including a phenomenon I had heard about on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. You know the part where you have to guess which of the completely ludicrous news stories is real? One of the stories was about a prison that was teaching the inmates the choreography to songs like Thriller.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the men (and women) in orange:



6 comments:

jenrebecc said...

i was in a pretty bad mood this morning and i am smiling now. wow. this is effing great. i watched them all.

Lesha said...

If I ever end up in jail, I totally want to be in the jail where they do choreographed group dancing. Totally.

Bella said...

that is a different "hustle" from the one that i remember. i think maybe the south only knew of the one from "saturday night fever" at least i think that is where it was from. it seems like a good idea to keep them "in line"... maybe i need to buy the girls orange jumpsuits and teach them 70's line dances?

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I remember this! They did a Queen song, I think it was Radio Gaga, and for some reason when I watched it I cried. (From happiness? Joy?) One of the prisoners is this fierce hot tranny mess, and he's usually the star.

Is it exercise or torture? There's a very fine line between the two, I find.

Laggin said...

I actually saw this on the news!

Greg said...

Wouldn't it be swell if there was a place you could go to, to do 70s line dancing for cardio without having to rob a bank or jack a car? Also, it looks like they're actually doing three or four different dances there, not just the Hustle.

Not that I'd know, of course.