‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

it's raining awards, hallelujah

For some reason, whenever I read the name of Lesha's blog, I see "The Lost Brioche." And then I'm sad for whoever lost their brioche. No one should lose a brioche.

The real name is "The Lost Burp Clothe," which is much more reasonable. While I personally have never misplaced any kind of baked good, I have lost a good number of burp cloths. I don't know why I turn it into a brioche. It's obviously Freudian.

Today she awarded me the "When Life Hands You Lemons" award. It's nice when the blogs you like also seem to like you. Thanks, Lesha!

Here are the rules:
  1. Post the logo on your blog.
  2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
  3. Link to the nominees within your blog post.
  4. Notify the recipients of the award by commenting on their blog.
  5. Share the love and link back to the person from whom you received your award.
The problem is, I like people with a snarky sense of humor. I'm not especially drawn to the Pollyanna Happypants blogs. Yes, I realize I have a Pollyanna Happypants blog. I try not to read it.

So ten is out of the question. How's three? These are the first three that come to mind:

Tiny Dancer is a no-brainer.
Lessons from the Sandbox richly deserves a Great Attitude & Gratitude award. Love you, Bella.
From the Frontlines makes me stop and get over myself pretty much every time I read it.
oh and also Ms. Picket. Especially for this post.

The rest of you get the My Life Wouldn't Be The Same Without You award. The thingy you post in the sidebar looks very much like the Emperor's New Clothes. Wear it well.

9 comments:

TwoBusy said...

I tried on a pair of Pollyanna Happypants yesterday while I was attempting to buy khakis.

They didn't fit.

Ms Picket To You said...

Lemonade for all! I'll be selling it out the back of my car!

Awww... THANKS! Needed that.

Tiny Dancer said...

Moi? I would like to thank the academy . . .
No, really. I love that you think I have a snarky sense of humor. But just so you know, it takes one to know one! Thanks Susan.

When I'm done gallavanting in the fog-surrounded communities, (doesn't that make you feel better?) I will do some appropriate post!

INK said...

Thanks for sharing the links. Been lurking too long, I know. I really look forward to your stories especially those involving chickens. I hope this award is the first of a long line.

Susan said...

TwoBusy - I am really, really glad they didn't fit.

Ms. Picket - Anyone who can make unemployment look like a cruise for 4 million of one's closest friends can probably make the best lemonade ever. I hope the back of your car is big enough for the business you'll have.

Tiny Dancer - well yes, but I like fog, too. Keep trying.

INK - oooh, you've been lurking? Sweet! And I'm glad you like the chickens. I can't write about the robot vacuum ALL the time.

neb said...

if you want to shake it up and write about our robot vacuum sometime...that is a ok by us!

the robot vacuum is currently wondering- is it delurking if you do not reveal your internet identity?

Bella said...

i am glad that you get to spend a little time with my chickies if only by reading about their jaunts. i wish they could read your blog and spend a bit of time with you. your kids don't rub off on my nearly enough! thanks for the nod...i'm all choked up.

Kristin said...

Yay for Trout Towers! I would like to bestow an award upon you, as well (that I totally DID NOT just make up):

Ahem. The award for Best Blog About Chickens, Music, Cake, and Home Renovation goes to . . . TROUT TOWERS!!! WOOO!!!

I think I probably count as a Happypants blog. That's what I'm aiming for, anyway.

Except everyone's idea of happy is different, isn't it? I think there were many people who were not so happy about the deer butchering post, for example . . . No venison for them.

Susan said...

Kristin - you do have a happypants blog! The lamb butchering threw me.... Yours is a blog that gravitates toward the bright side, and isn't annoying. You are a rare breed.