‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Monday, March 2, 2009

Meet the Flockers


New chicken babies! Freshly hatched and all settled in for a thrilling life at Trout Towers. They are tickled to be here and will not shut up about how tickled they are. Will Not Shut Up. They are noisy buggers.

But what's that USB device in the photo? Well, Chris likes to make sure I have plenty to write about, so when I said "do we have a thermometer?" he said, "sure, honey!" And then he plugged this thing in and ran yet another cable across our livingroom floor and now we can monitor the exact temperature of the chickens' luxury cardboard accommodations without ever getting off the couch. Hallelujah, amen.

So. Because life is like this, Life is banging me over the head today with LIFE. "This," it says, "is Life. That over there? What you've been looking at all day? Is not."

It is good to have all this life making a racket in my livingroom.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

CHIIIICKS!!! Did you hatch them your very ownself, or did you buy them? What breed are they? How many? Hens, roosters, or straight run?

Can you tell I have chickens?

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

Sooo? Names??

I vote Cinnamon Girl.

Lisa said...

Chicks! Chicks are uh-dore-able! Sooo cutie cutie cute!

/gush

Susan said...

Crazy Chicken Lady - we ordered them and I'm so glad you asked: Black Australorp, Light Brahma, Araucana, Buff Laced Polish. All hens.

Steam Me Up - in keeping with the tradition of this blog and to maintain the chickens' anonymity, their names will continue to change at my whim (they are stationary in real life). For the purposes of this post, they are Cinnamon Girl, Sweet Jane, Jean Genie and Rosalita. Will those stick IRL? One never knows. Lucy wants to name them all Abigail.

Susan said...

oh lisa, I just missed you. So, WANT TO HOLD MY BABY?

Dana's Brain said...

Which one is Jean Genie? Cause you gotta watch out for Jean Genie, Lives on his back. The Jean Genie, he loves chimney stacks...

Peace Turkey said...

OOOOO I could just pet the soft fuzzy chick feathers right off all of them!

If those were my chicks, I would so be "that person" and take a picture of them with the marshmellow peeps that are out already for Easter. *titter*

Lesha said...

Oh chicks! Every spring the 'weed and feed' store near us had chicks and duckings and I'm always so tempted to bring some home. They are so fluffy and adorable! And the cheep-cheep-cheep sound is so cute. I'm sure long term it's not so much though. Oh, how cute though!