‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

on wing

Chris said I should post ALL the pictures I took of the new baby chickens. That way, you would know that I need an intervention. There are a lot of pictures.

This evening we were talking about these, as well as the pictures I took of the first flock. "We should show the chickens their baby pictures when they get a little older," said Lucy.

I'm sure they would like that. Maybe we should make them a scrapbook?

The thing is, I almost missed that gem of a comment. I would have missed it, but we had a friend over at the time and she snorted Quite Audibly. Sometimes, these things come at us so fast and so often, we don't see the charm.

The same thing happened again when Studley was heard pattering down the hall after bedtime. Chris saw him around the corner and scolded, "take those wings off and go back to bed right now."

3 comments:

neb said...

i wonder what your definition of a lot of pictures is......i would bet that its probably just the right amount or perhaps missing a couple.

Dana's Brain said...

Is it bad that I want to scrapbook for those cute chicks, but couldn't be bothered to do "baby books" for my kids?

Don't answer that.

Rose Brier Studio said...

I would suggest staying away from the scrapbooking -- from what I have seen it is so addictive and therefore expensive and would the chicks really recognize their baby selves when they are 6 months old?

On the other hand, there are so many cute chick stickers and paper and do-jiggies (that's actually a product name)you might have fun!