‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Monday, March 9, 2009

techno chirping

Chris is recording the chickens. I know this because he said, "don't say anything embarrassing. I'm recording the chickens."

I'm trying really hard to oblige, but it's not easy.

You see, I've been working on this website (my secret love child) and he's doing some sort of weird thing to my home page. I designed something nice and simple, and asked him to make it do a little of this and a little of that. He has not gotten to what I asked him to do yet, because he is busy making it do backflips and turn different colors in three languages. Sometimes he gets a little carried away.

So I'm sitting here trying to be quiet while he is making me motion sick with all the fancy pantsy stuff he's doing to my precious home page. And the more I watch what he's doing, the more I want to redesign the whole thing and have Edward Gorey people falling from the sky. No really, it makes sense.

Meanwhile, the chickens are asleep. So at the end of the evening, we'll have a recording of us, being geeks.

But hey - if we speed it up? We sound just like chickens.

10 comments:

Mary Alice said...

I'm sorry did I miss something important? Like why? Why is he recording the chickens? I am confused.

Laggin said...

It is all the rage to record chickens, right? All the cool kids do it.

Susan said...

All the cool kids have baby chickens in their livingrooms? I had no idea. And Mary Alice, there is usually no rhyme or reason for why Chris does things - but there's no stopping him when he gets his mind set. Recording the chirps is the least of it.

Greg said...

"Why is he recording the chickens?"

Now see, that was the part of this post that made the most sense to me.

TwoBusy said...

Personally, I think the Edward Gorey idea is badass.

Jacob said...

"Don't say anything embarrassing. I'm recording the chickens."

Isn't that one of those self-defeating tautologies, like "this statement is false?"

Susan said...

greg - you have the benefit (?) of knowing Chris.

TwoBusy - there's still time.

Jacob - bwahahaha!

Lisa said...

HE says he's recording the chickens and YOU are asked not to say anything embarrassing?

Hahahahahahaha! Excellent.

Dana's Brain said...

Please, please add some Edward Gorey people falling from the sky! I love those people. Maybe then they you could dub the chickens over them. Kind of alternate take on the "sky is falling!"

Tiny Dancer said...

Does it say something about me that recording chickens makes sense?

Shouldn't everyone have Edward Gorey figures falling from the parapets?