‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Friday, May 1, 2009

wifi to go

You will never guess where I am. Actually, I have no idea where I am, but if you are in the southern to midwest part of our country and you want to look up and wave, I may or may not wave back.

Can you believe they have wifi in planes? I think I have waited my whole life for this. What will they think of next?

I don't know if they had wifi on the first part of my trip today. I got on the plane and when I went to sit down next to the man in my row, he said “oh, goody!” not as sarcastically as perhaps he should have.

“Why thank you,” is what I should have said.

“You may reconsider that before long,” is what I did say.

Oh goody.

Overly friendly people on planes make me a little nervous. The last overly friendly person I met on a plane took me to a different country altogether and showed me the proper way to eat caviar and quite frankly I don't have time for that right now. I have places to be.

I did what any normal person with a friendly plane neighbor would do. I fell asleep just before takeoff.

But now I am on a different plane, wide awake. I am awake because I saw the wifi symbol on the plane and I've been jumping up and down begging to please be allowed to use it already. I am way, way up in the air, people. How crazy is that?

It's so awesome. The not awesome part is that my battery is dying already. Is there an outlet somewhere? Anyone? An outlet?

Stupid planes.

6 comments:

Janine said...

It depends on if the overly friendly person is actually someone you might enjoy travelling with. Like someone funny.

I once took a short flight with a group of new zealanders and it was the time of my life.

However, I never really like it when the person next to me interacts. You know, cuz it can be such a long flight sometimes.

Tiny Dancer said...

I'm usually the one who talks to my neighbors on planes. It just seems so rude to completely ignore someone who is sitting closer than my husband usually does on the couch! Then of course I have gotten myself into a pickle. After I have said all I want to say, do I bury my head in a magazine or book or stare off in the other direction? If I'm lucky my neighbor has gotten tired of me about the same time I have gotten tired of them and we can comfortably ignore each other until we land and say good-bye.

So glad to know about wifi on planes. Enjoy your trip!

Bella said...

i think that ipods were created for the airplanes. use them. there is also usually a outlet on the plane in the galley or near the flight attendant jumpseat. depends on the plane. i understand you have to have a charger that has a surge protector on it. it could blow the circuit. that would suck but i never had any trouble charging my cell phones on them.

neb said...

i thought blogging was an outlet?

word verification - tatie: one who eats only one tater tot.

TwoBusy said...

I hope you drooled on him all flight long.

Debbie said...

I do love me some wifi!