‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Friday, July 10, 2009

Farm


One of my favorite new art galleries is Farm.

Why do I love it?
  1. It reminds me of my old days of gallery hopping. Which makes me think of brie.
  2. It's a sliver of city-living, dropped by elves onto a small street in a small fishing village.
  3. It makes me feel smart, just being there.
  4. When I'm there I find myself saying "oh! look!" A lot.
  5. They are constantly doing things I wish I had thought of first. For instance, now I want to have vinyl letters placed on my floor so when you walk in the front door you know what's up. Maybe a title like "the effects of gravity on found objects, vol. 1".
There's a new show by May Tveit opening tomorrow. The show is comprised of rolls and bales of colored hay, which can be seen hanging out in random spots around town. Check them out on the Farm blog.

Farm
15 Commercial Street
Wellfleet, MA

4 comments:

Dana's Brain said...

I totally want a giant colored hay bale! Cool!

Janine said...

Yes, art makes you feel smart, doesn't it? Even if you don't know what the hell it means.

thefoodsnob said...

So cool, I'll have to check it out when I come back up.

Lisa

Tiny Dancer said...

I like colored hay bales much better than painted cows and whales left around towns. But not quite as much as painted sheep. But then I really like sheep.

"the effects of gravity on found items, vol. 1" perfectly describes the content on my own art gallery, er, house!