‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Candy

A very long time ago, Candy Meininger gave me a travel mug from Meininger's Art Supply. I dutifully filled it with coffee and brought it to work with me. Midway through the day, I realized the mug fit enough coffee to get any self respecting trucker across the country and back. I remember being unable to blink for most of the afternoon.

Why is this the first memory that pops into my head when I think of Candy? Maybe because she gave me something. That was pretty typical of Candy. I've never known anyone with a bigger heart.

And oh my stars was she funny. She had that diabolical twinkle in her eye that made one very glad to be on her side.

If you believe in heaven, heaven just got a good one. If you believe that heaven is where you find it, Candy made it just that much easier to find.

(obituary)

4 comments:

Susan Gedutis Lindsay said...

Susan, you are fabulous.

Newt said...

I'm so sorry you lost his friend, Susan. Take good care.

Laggin said...

With a friend who memorializes her like you...she must have been great.

Vodka Mom said...

yes, I believe.


may she rest in peace........