‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Friday, August 14, 2009

a day of Lindsays

The lovely Rock and Roll Mama, who just learned to fly through the air with the greatest of ease, sent me an email a few weeks ago about Bill Janovitz (of Buffalo Tom). She found his website and, knowing I dig Buffalo Tom, passed it along. I can't believe it took me so long to swing by and see what was up. I went digging through his archives and found things like his cover of Bell Bottom Blues, one of my really old favorites. I think I will be lurking there a lot.

And then I popped by The Lindsays, where Sue is chronicling her 100 days of practice and discussing zucchini along the way. A girl after my own heart. Today she clarified that her zucchini had come from a CSA. I thought about joining a CSA in the spring and oh my stars am I glad I didn't. I would have to start sleeping in the car, to make room.

The day after Sue's produce pick-up, she played a gig at a farmer's market. Would you like to know how they paid her?

It seems my dream of paying for everything with zucchini is not so far off, after all. Especially when things like great songs from Bill Janovitz are FREE.

(I am writing this post with impunity because Brighton is on vacation.)

2 comments:

Ambley said...

Bell Bottom Blue is also one of my very old favorites. Naturally.

Rock and Roll Mama said...

Mmmmmmmm zucchini!!! I DID join a CSA, and noticed tonight that I forgot to go. Sigh. I do feel so crunchy for that day before I accidentally let the tomatoes get moldy.:)

Your sis does NOT get teh W man this year, as she still has E for one more. But if he'll stop peein in his pants, he'll be there in 2 weeks.:)
xoxo!