‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

large cats

So there I was at work, doing a little browsing on this awesome handbag site...

Wait, you're not supposed to shop for handbags while on the clock? Does that mean you shouldn't send your boss links to things you think she'll like? No?

Oops.

Anyway, I happened to notice these groovy keychains, with astrological signs on them. Now I generally don't like things with astrological signs because for some reason, people seem to think it's okay to let their design sense stay at home the day they work on astrologically themed products. Why is this? I have no idea.

However, I liked the design and THEN realized it was a Gemini.

Cool, huh?

So I snooped around a bit more (can't get the phone! Sorry! Shopping!) to see what mine was. I am a Leo. This is my keychain:


Good colors. Nice design... but wait, are we sure that's a lion? Is it just me or does my keychain look more like, oh, a cougar?

It has come to my attention that I am a woman of a certain age. An age which is, coincidentally, shared by cougars. I am, shall we say, a little touchy about this.

I am pretty sure no one would mistake me for a cougar. I think I'm more of an opossum, frankly. And there are no astrological signs depicting opossums.

So instead I will get myself a passport case. And feign an accent. And hire a towel boy to follow me around and carry my stuff.

Especially my keys.

7 comments:

Celia said...

Susan darling, you are whatever age you say you are. In fact... I believe you are but a young lass of 25. Personally, I chose an age I liked and stuck with it. I have been 23 for 11 years now.

Also, my boss totally calls me into her office to show me stuff like that.

Laggin said...

Hey, if I see one of those "cougar mom" t-shirts for sale at the gigantic public high school, I'll snag you one. K?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I hope there are no keychains with an image of a possum. Have you ever seen a possum snarling and baring its teeth? It's freaky. That's the expression they always have on their faces when I find them on the lawn after the dogs have dispatched them. And then I have to pick them up with a pitchfork to dispose of them, fervently hoping all the while that they aren't just playing possum and won't suddenly come back to life and lunge for my throat with those nasty teeth of theirs.

I don't like possums much.

Heather said...

I've always thought opossums were cute. Sure the tails are a little gnarly, but there's just something about those beady eyes and cute little hands....

Pig Latin said...

Perhaps that's just a lioness.

And that would be cool. Way better then a cougar. I really hate that phrase. And now Courtney Cox is in a new show about being a certain age and "looking for love" which almost sounded like it might be funny except it's called...wait for it..."Cougar Town"

GAH!!

Hit 40 said...

My friend could use the cougar bag!! She likes them young.

Mary Alice said...

The term cougar gives me the shivers. Really, so distasteful...like it should be whispered and then you should wash your mouth out after you say it.... and yes that looks like a mountain lion.