‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Saturday, August 22, 2009

waves and wind

Dear Hurricane Bill,

Please help yourself to the birch and two of the pines in our front yard. Also anything currently obstructing our view of the pond across the street. We would like them to fall AWAY from the house, please.

Also, please put all the toys back when you're done with them. We left a huge assortment on the lawn for you to chose from, including a tricycle, a whiffle bat, two soccer balls and about 500 beach buckets.

Our phones are charged, our laundry is done, the candles have been found and we have plenty of sterno for Chris' tea (we won't be making THAT mistake again). We have also posted to our blogs so if things go dark, everyone will know you screwed up on the trees.

Yours respectfully,

Susan




Thanks,NASA. I feel so much better now.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Oh holy shit. Dig in, Susan.

Tiny Dancer said...

I don't think its gonna be as bad as everyone has predicted. I've still got lights, tv, internet. or is it too early? Tell Chris to enjoy his tea!

cIII said...

No way Bill would upset the Queen Mum.

Zip n Tizzy said...

I've been thinking of you all day as reports have poured in about Bill's arrival to the cape. I hope he's gentle on you, and when it's all said and done, go see Ponyo. A sweet story to accompany natures wrath.

(My captcha is "Boloin," Which I'm interpreting as Ba-low-win in the wind)

the inadvertent farmer said...

My left coast never looked so good! Hold on! Kim

JAbel said...

For a moment I thought you were talking to yourself in the first response.I think Bills main problem passing the Cape is going to be high surf.

Susan Gedutis Lindsay said...

Funny!!!!

Bella said...

all the Bills that i know are really very gentle souls... can't believe that this should be different. the sun is still shining out there somewhere. at least that is what i keep telling myself as i look out at rain half the summer! and these are the truths that we maintain and nurture. live and learn and let's have a cup of tea!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Yeek. As long as nothing falls on the chicken coop or the house, it should at least be exciting. Although I can do without the kind of excitement that results in days of yard work afterwards.

Susan said...

cIII - ah, I see you've met her. It would take a lot more than a hurricane to upset the Queen Mum.

jabel - I thought so, too.