‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Thursday, October 8, 2009

the facade

This morning I told Chris I had been emailing Joey Mars. Chris (like you) said, "who's Joey Mars?" So I reminded him that Joey Mars is the artist who painted the front of Provincetown's Shop Therapy:


He's a cool dude.

"What were you emailing him about?" he asks.
"To see if he'd paint the front of Trout Towers," I answer.

One of the things I like about Chris is the look on his face when he's not sure if I'm kidding or not. If he's not careful, though, his face will freeze like that.

(I emailed Joey pictures I had of Evan Dando wearing his shirt. If there were pictures of Evan Dando wearing my shirt..... well maybe I wouldn't want it. Nevermind.)

5 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Ahhhh Shop Therapy... I know it well... 'nuff said. heh heh

just making my way said...

I think it would be awesome to have Trout Towers painted that way! Do it! Do it!

MsPicketToYou said...

wait? evan dando?

Anonymous said...

oh i just read a great little review of one of their shows (in ireland?) i'll have to dig it up. oddly, was just thinking i needed to dig out the old Lemonheads cassette from my basement, just yesterday i was thinking this...

-erica

JAbel said...

Ummm,that's quite an interesting link to the store.Provincetown always has had some different commercial outposts.I recall the head shop and record store on Commercial Street by the old bookstore in 77 that had like 1,500.00 scales for sale.In fact they had several and I was thinking I'd like to meet one of the folks who were buying those scales.They must really like to cook.