‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Monday, October 5, 2009

operatic comments




Over at Opera Betty (where I have a new post, btw), I get lots of comments. They're mostly in Russian, so if anyone can help me translate I'd sure appreciate it.

And yes, chickens find rubber humans hilarious. Don't ask me how I know this.

The other comments crack me up. Valuable post? Really? I TOTALLY fell for that one, and now have a lifetime supply of something unmentionable and a pair of his and hers bathtubs.

--

This week I wrote about The Rake's Progress, first performed in 1951, on 9/11. The libretto would be way more hilarious if it weren't hitting so close to home, world-wise. I'll live up to those comments yet, darn it.

(I still don't know what makes the swishing sound between my ears.)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I have an award for you over at www.livinginthegray.com. :) Keep up the good work!

Bella said...

dear opera betty,

about the swishing sound... maybe you are listening to the opera too loudly. or someone (like one of your kids, maybe) is following you around going "whoosh, whoooosh, whoosh,..." i certainly would do that if i lived close by!

your stalker