‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Saturday, November 28, 2009

visions of Sugarplum(s)

Sugarplum pushed a laundry basket out of her room, loaded with toys and games she had outgrown. "Can we send these to Santa," she asked, "so he can give extras to kids who don't have much?"

I told her we could take them right to Lower Cape Outreach or MassAppeal, and then kids who didn't have much could have them. It would be like we were being Santa's helpers. We would technically be elves.

I like being an elf.

Later that day....

Sugarplum: I know what I want for Christmas! I want an American Girl doll!

me: Really? And what will you do with your American Girl doll?

Sugarplum: I'll dress her and then change her clothes and....

(discarded doll appears in thought bubble over her head)

Sugarplum: Maybe I just want craft supplies.

6 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

Smart Sugarplum.

Cheryl said...

WOW! Can I take her home with me?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

What a precocious child you have. Lucky you.

Alexandra Grabbe said...

I'm with Sugarplum. Craft supplies are way better than another doll ...

All Adither said...

Let's say it together: Awww. I think I love her. :)

just making my way said...

Love that Sugarplum! You have definitely instilled some good ideas in her if she chooses the craft stuff over the uber expensive American Girl doll!