‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

it's possible I've had too much coffee

Lately Chris has been trying to figure out how we can use our skills and strengths to make Heaps of Money. This is funny because I've been trying to figure out how to use Chris' skills and strengths to make heaps of money for years.

This morning it was all rainbows and sunshine and twinkly lights and I knew I had the key to early retirement.

Have you seen the making of Prodigy's SMBU? It's the only way I can get Chris to listen to Prodigy. It shows how the mix was made - copying and pasting samples, changing the pitch, etc. Chris uses that kind of stuff all the time. Just not for Prodigy.

We have friends who have a rock and roll band and also a kids band. The kids band is the cash cow. Kids music is the answer, my friends.

We have kids. We have technology. We will start a band called Progeny, in which kids sing Prodigy covers.

We'll use samples from our current kid music library, like Dan Zanes' "hellooooooo" from his song House Party. It will be genius I tell you.

Chris thinks we should change the words. I think that defeats the purpose but I considered it in an attempt to humor him. I suppose we could change "smack" to "snack" but then we'd get sued for all the resulting eating disorders. He said "smack" is not the problem, which is disturbing because after all this time I had no idea he was pro-recreational drugs for kids/corporal punishment.

He says we could change the line to "snack my dish up" and now I have "change my pitch up/ snack my dish up" stuck in my head. A clear sign that it will be HUGE.

Chris agrees my idea is the key to early retirement. He says we'll never work in this town again.

He must think we'll have to move when Disney hires us.

15 comments:

Celia said...

There is no such thing as too much coffee. Perish the thought.

The very best way to have money is to stop giving it to other people. We use the Dave Ramsey plan and it has changed our financial life.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

If this is the result of too much coffee, what happens when the kids are given the coffee instead?

SoccerMom said...

OMG! I listen to Prodigy! When I hear that song, I dont really like what they are really saying so I sing along my own words "Snap my picture"! Too freakin funny.

AS for the kids bands, I don't recommend stealing music lines. I think getting really drunk on some Makers Mark will give you all the great music ideas you need.

for a different kind of girl said...

This is brilliant! Get on this imediately so I can buy your cds and replace the Chipmunks soundtrack now playing in my son's room. In fact, put me down for a dozen.

Cheryl said...

Not possible. It's like chocolate (which also has caffeine and sugar, glorious sugar). You can never have too much.

Great idea. Time to get right on it and plagiarism be damned.

My word verification sounds like some gawd-awful disease. Eek.

MsPicketToYou said...

Do you need a publicist? just saying.

erica SZUPLAT said...

we are often similarly scheming. only, we have no kids, so it usually some form of pimping out the World's Cutest Dog.

just making my way said...

As someone who sings along to her kids' Backyardigans CD on a regular basis, I can confirm that kids music is where it's at.

"Pack my hitch up?"

George said...

Ermm, jack my bridge up? Stack my wish top?

As for Erica, she can stay pretty close to the original lyrics, seeing she wants the dog to participate...

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I think cashing in on kids is an EXCELLENT way to make Heaps of Money. I'll start making my plans now . . .

Debbie said...

Brilliant! And like you, I love to plot and figure about how I can use other people to make money for me.

Bejewell said...

We're going to be a family band and make millions with our Partridge Family covers. Everything always comes full circle and I'm quite sure it's the Partridge Family's turn. Stay tuned to TLC for our reality show.

Susan said...

You guys are the best enablers a wanna-be stage mom ever had. And Erica, we need to make a Milk Bone commercial to run on cable. George is right.

We'd have to change smack to snack, obvs. While recreational drugs are fine for cats, dogs are totally over them.

Jett Superior said...

You know, this idea has all sorts of credibility where the song 'Breathe' is concerned. You'd have to change very few lyrics on that one.

And of course, the chorus would have to go 'pigtails, pigtails, pigtails' instead of 'exhale, exhale, exhale' because that's the way I always used to sing it in the car.

I defy you to give it a listen and not hear that exact line.

(pee ess...you could make the song about chicken pox and the lyrics could be 'scratch mah itch-uh'. I mean, DER, wasn't that obvious to everyone else?)

Schmutzie said...

This weblog is being featured on Five Star Friday: http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2010/02/five-star-fridays-edition-90.html

Congratulations!