‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Moving on.

I quit my job.

Just one of them, but still. I quit.

Here's what happened. I worked and worked and worked and then I had babies and when I went back to work I did it part time - you know, for the babies - and I figured as long as I was working part time I would try writing more as part of my work.

Which worked, but not enough. So when a new client came along that was really pretty dreamy in every possible way, I said yes. And it's been great.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH....

I missed writing.

So I quit the job. And here we are.

Today is Day One After The Last Day At Work. I have submitted a column.

The thing about writing is that once you start, it's hard to stop. So I've sent my column and - I hope you don't feel used - I can't simmer down.

There are only so many facebook updates I can post without looking desperate. That's what blogs are for. I don't worry about not looking desperate here. It's kind of a given.

Besides all that, I've missed you. Can we be friends again?

Will you come help me fold all this laundry?

your highly caffeinated friend,
Susan

9 comments:

Sharon Longworth said...

hello & welcome back! look forward to reading more from you again.

Cheryl said...

Hey stranger! Nice to see you again. Turns out a watched pot does boil if I wait long enough.

TwoBusy said...

Hooray for quitting.

Susan said...

Sharon, I love your bio blurb. Especially the thought that we are the cafe society of the 21st century. It's fun thinking that we may be referred to as such by our grandchildren.

Cheryl - does this stock pot make me look fat?

Two - Amen, brother.

Celia said...

Welcome back! I've missed you too!

Logical Libby said...

I'll fold and put away your laundry if you will clean my bathroom.

Welcome back.

Lemon Gloria said...

Oh, Susan! Hi! I suck at laundry folding but I'll always be excited to read. Does that count as at all helpful?

Leslie said...

You know, I actually mentioned to fellow blogger Irish Gumbo last night how excited i was to see you back and blogging. One of my Susans is BACK!!! Now if I can just get the other one back too. :)

Rose Brier Studio said...

I'm so glad you are back. I got so out of the habit I didn't even realize you were writing again. I guess I could have asked, but I think I have been quite out of it lately. D'you think people noticed?

Maybe i should pace myself and not read it all at once? naw!
~Marilee