‎"...a little 'trouty', but quite good" ~ Eve Kendall, North By Northwest

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Goat Bomb

I'm sensing a theme here. One day I write about how we give each other stuff, and the next day we almost literally trip over a pile of speakers and a giant subwoofer.

On Saturday I wrote about how I'm trying to be a better person and not hate on things arbitrarily, and on Sunday the universe gave me something to hate arbitrarily.

Some history: Years ago my mother bullied us into going to the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont - run by a family who wears play clothes made of curtains. I went despite my aversion to musicals, (especially Rogers and Hammerstein musicals). We survived.

We had to get a trailer for the trip home to carry all my mom's Sound of Music souvenirs. I repeatedly declined her offer to buy us the video, piano accompaniment to all the songs and lederhosen for the kids.

It's been over five years since we went, so we never saw the goat bomb coming.

video


Chris: "I wonder if we can replace the chip and give it back to your mom."



2 comments:

Greg said...

Awww, it's not even Julie singing. But this explains much of your show tunes aversion.

Susan said...

Greg - Awesome. I've been justified by a goat.